Why Was Paula Abdul Fired From The X Factor?
The world is still in shock that Paula Abdul has also been “let go” from The X Factor. Though she was “too soft,” doesn’t America love the chemistry between Simon Cowell and Abdul? Oh wait, that was completely missing from The X Factor.
Paula released a statement kind of explaining her departure to Us Weekly: “I’ve learned through my longevity in this industry that business decisions often times override personal considerations.” We’re going to translate this to “The X Factor producers firing me doesn’t mean there’s any personal beef between Simon and I.”
In all reality, this decision should not be a surprise in any way. Why you ask? We’ve concluded six major reasons:
1. The groups were the first to go! Perhaps things went on behind the scenes that we didn’t see. Paula wasn’t doing something right to shape her groups into the acts they should be. Each group was talented in their own way and at least one should have made it into the top five.
2. She couldn’t handle the pressure! Countless times Paula was in tears mumbling about how someone was a ray of light or how dreams never end. That is absolutely useful criticism and inspiration (or not).
3. Paula never had Simon’s back when she needed to. Often Paula was voting against Simon and unlike in the past, her mean jabs at Simon didn’t seem playful- they were simply mean.
4. Though America initially blamed Nicole Scherzinger for Rachel Crowe’s elimination, Paula was the one who told her to put it into deadlock. Despite this being the correct decision to make (a.k.a. let America decide), the entire situation did not put The X Factor in a good light.
5. Sitting next to Nicole Scherzigner may have made Paula look a little more sane and useful, but in all reality she rarely delivered advice that helped the contestants. It’s not American Idol where they need one person to say encouraging things, it’s The X Factor.
6. Does anyone care about Paula anymore? She’s had a string of failures since American Idol, this was suppose to be her big comeback. Even after all is said and done, just as few people are interested in her career.
Will you miss Paula, Nicole and Steve Jones on The X Factor?