The X Factor USA 2012: Emblem3 Go Acoustic, Make Girls Swoon
If you listen to all the screams over top of the judges critiquing Emblem3 on The X Factor USA, you know exactly why they are so high in the leaderboard. It is the year of the boy bands and this is working out best for the California Trio. This week they wanted to show a different side of talent to America with an acoustic version of Bruno Mars’ hit “Just the Way You Are.”
The lights were dim, guitars were out and harmonies were all over this song. You could just about hear girls hyperventilating around the country. Remove their devilish good looks and their charm and you really just have three guys who sound terrible singing together. Sorry girls. These guys cannot harmonize, no matter what L.A. Reid says. As for their individual voices, they are always flat and sound so awkward with every note. Though this performance was better than past performances, I’m losing interest. Are they worth $5 million? Yes, probably. Simon Cowell would see greatest return through merchandise sales alone on this group.
- L.A. Reid: That was pretty good. The thing I’m most impressed by is at least one of Simon’s groups can sing harmony.
- Simon: And.
- L.A.: That was really good guys.
- Britney Spears: Hands down, this has been your best performance.
- Demi Lovato: You guys did great. It wasn’t the best. I feel like to me, honest, I use to really, really love you guys. But I feel like it’s a downgraded version of The Jonas brothers five years ago.
- Simon Cowell: I think that was incredibly dumb what you just said. The pressure to deliver what they just did.. what I do as a mentor is I listen to the act. When they say they want to play, bam! they play.
Part Two- Alphaville- “Forever Young”
As of late I am not a big Emblem3 fan. I feel that their vocals have been lacking, but maybe it’s just been bad song choices. The fans picked the Napoleon Dynamite anthem “Forever Young” for Emblem3 and it worked very well in their favor.Though they did not work the stage enough for one of the judges, their vocals were spot on. They didn’t sound awkward singing this song at all and their harmonies were strong during the chorus. It was a big comeback at the perfect moment.
- L.A. Reid: I thought there was sometimes that were great, sometimes were in question. Tonight you nailed it. I’m a huge fan. I really like you guys.
- Britney Spears: I’m a huge fan as well. I thought it was a superstar performance.
- Demi Lovato: I am a fan, but the thing is I want to see you command the stage more.
- Simon Cowell: That again is a silly criticism. I think you’ve been really good tonight. Emblem3 have landed.
Unreality Rating: 8/10.. I have to rate “the x factor” and the truth is Emblem3 has it. One performance was okay, and one was phenomenal. Perhaps Simon can let them unleash an original to show fans what they truly can do.