Tate Stevens Goes Country on The X Factor

Tate Stevens is exactly what The X Factor needs. The 37-year-old dad came to the Kansas City audition ready to chase his dreams. He spent the last 11 years being a dad and working a “real job,” despite really wanting to be a country star. When looking at the competition he felt like the “underdog,” but let’s be honest- he’s one of the few contestants to truly show his personality so far!
From the moment Tate took stage he had the judges and crowd laughing, joking about being a rap star (how amazing would that be if he was?). When asked what he’d do with the prize he joked, “I’m going to have a big ass party and everybody’s invited. That is true, I would do that, but you should probably ask my wife what she would do with the $5 million. It would go right to her.”

Not only does he have the personality to be a star, but Tate Stevens is a great stage name as well! Just imagine how nice that’ll look on an album cover some day. Tate auditioned with Anything Goes by Randy Houser. As he sang his voice was deep and pure country. It was similar to Josh Turner and Scotty McCreery. The judges loved him.

• Britney Spears: He’s a doll!
  • Demi Lovato: Do you realize how awesome this is to get them to stand up and clap like that for you. You are so likable and funny and then you blew me away with your voice.
  • Louis Walsh: You’ve got an authentic, effortless country voice. We found ourselves a country star today. I loved the song, I loved everything.
  • Britney Spears: You’re my favorite so far. You’re amazing and I love you.
  • L.A. Reid: I’m only mad at you for waiting so long to do what you’re doing. You really are good, man. You are the best one we’ve seen in this town. You are a true country star.

It’s no surprise he received four yes’s to move on to boot camp.

Unreality Rating: 9/10. I loved Tate Stevens, he was one of my favorites of the night. However, again looking at the big picture he may get lost against the top 40 artists. On the other hand, having a different sound may help him grab the judges’ and America’s attention.

by Melissa Warner on September 20th, 2012

Melissa is Unreality TV's X Factor USA expert, bringing you all the gossip on the contestants and religiously recapping their performances each week! You can follow her on Twitter and on Google+

Tags: ,

Don't miss a story: Follow Unreality TV

9 thoughts on “Tate Stevens Goes Country on The X Factor

1. Wow! Nice to see a solid country act on X Factor. Even if he hadn’t been a great singer, Tate would have won us over with his sense of humour anyway. I’m sure he’s been gigging for years, because he was a natural on stage.

2. jericho says:

im indonesian…my mom love country music…so i know a li’l bit of it…when i heard him singing and his personality…there’s something bout him…he is amazing…lovable…doesnt matter what…win or loose…he will get a record deal anyway…or at least…he has to be ready with more jobs on singing…trust me …he will…

3. Melissa says:

I agree with you Gerard. He’s an absolute natural up there! People don’t realize that it’s not just the confidence and “good” voice that get votes. Get people laughing, keep them entertained and you will prosper!

4. Stephanie says:

I’m Tate’s sister-in-law, and I can tell you that he is genuinely the person you see on t.v. He is not acting, none of his audition was fake, and he keeps you laughing almost any time you are around him. He has a moving voice and a tremendous personality! Since country music seems to be trending across America, I certainly hope people get behind him and continue to support him throughout this journey! He’s a good guy, and it’s time he gets his big break! :)

1. Lynda says:

Oh, wow Stephanie, I didn’t watch the audition when he performed, but I was on the internet and found his audition there so I decided to take a look. He absolutely won my heart! Love his voice and humbleness about him and the entire family! I will be one to definitely be behind him. I had my husband watch too, and being big country fans from the cowboy capital of the world….he was blown away as well. Good luck to Tate!

5. Brenda says:

I have known Tate for years. He and my son grew up together. Like Stephanie said he is genuine. He has always had a great personality. You can’t help but to love him and his voice.

6. Melissa says:

I really hope things work out for Tate! I think that he’s incredibly entertaining and exactly the spunky type of contestant this show needs!

7. Ray says:

So many kids go out for the auditions of X Factor. It is so nice to actually see a man like Tate with all his life’s wisdom go up against them. His charisma on the stage sold me. His “Down Home” charm will steal the shows.

Good Luck Tate. I know I will be hearing that voice many times in the future.

8. Tate fan! says:

I really really love voice Tate’s voice. First line he sang , it won my heart. I like Tate’s version of “anything goes,” better though Randy Houser’s is great. Tate get very thing to win the audience; great personality, humbleness, and has such great sense of humor! You will make it!

Comments are closed.