New Iron Man 3 trailer debuts – awesome action scenes ensue…
It’s here. Robert Downey Jr and Co in the latest trailer for Iron Man 3. And it is a thing of beauty.
If you were hoping for answers about why the movie’s protagonist The Mandarin is gunning for Tony Stark, you’ll be sorely disappointed. Marvel have quickly become the masters of giving an action-packed trailer that leaves fans wanting more rather than giving away the entire plot. Still, there are some phenomenal moments in this trailer that you’ll be pre-booking your tickets before it ends. Check it out and we’ll blast out the details below…
- Tony has clearly perfected the art of leaping into his Iron Man armour. During the Mandarin’s attack, we see him rolling across the floor as pieces of armour attach themselves to him. But nothing beats Tony leaping into a suit in mid-air and jetting off. That’s not going to get old any time soon!
- Tony and Rhodey working side-by-side. We’re huge fans of Don Cheadle, so it’s nice to see that his character and Stark seem to have worked out their differences, even if Rhodey is wearing that Iron Patriot suit.
- Oh yeah…tons of Iron Men. An Iron Army, if you will. This has been speculated about since the last poster debuted, but we got to see Tony call upon a gang of different Iron Men. Which raises the questions – who are behind the tin helmets, where did Tony get the tech from (since his gallery of suits got blown up), and why does he need such a varied bunch of them?
- The Mandarin remains a shadowy figure, and it doesn’t appear that he sets out to target Stark in the beginning. From this trailer it looks like he’s dogging the US government. But for whatever reason, he ends up destroying Stark’s home and vowing to destroy his life. And from what we can see, Stark vows revenge after The Mandarin’s attack puts Pepper – the most precious thing in his life – in danger.
- Gwyneth Paltrow in a bra. Sorry to end on a slightly pervy point, but she’s a very attractive lady. Yum.
Iron Man 3 opens on May 3, 2013.
In other news, Robert Downey Jr’s contract with Marvel ends with the release of this movie. There are extension clauses for the actor to be involved in another Avengers movie, but the details are apparently between lawyers and agents at the moment. It’s expected that Downey Jr will be around for another couple of Iron Man movies though. And Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has said that Tony Stark will continue to be part of the company’s film universe, even if Downey Jr decides to move on.
Don’t panic though. We expect RDJ will continue to play Tony Stark for a long time to come. Watch this space!
What’s your favourite part of the new Iron Man trailer?