LMFAO – Sexy And I Know It – Single & Video Review
I could go all po-faced and “serious music” about LMFAO, but I just can’t do it. With every video they release, I PSML. And with Sexy And I Know It, they’ve done it again.
Is it the freaky entourage that surrounds them in each video? Box-head guy, Dancing Jesus, the pink-haired grandma that fetches Sky Blu’s skateboard. Not to mention the leopard-print wearing Party Rock afficionados themselves. Hell, this time round they’ve even roped in Ron Jeremy who looks like a porno version of a hobbit in this video.
And let’s be honest here: put your hand up if you’d written off LMFAO as a one-hit wonder? I mean, there’s no way they could top Party Rock Anthem, right? Wrong!
Sexy And I Know It manages to be seedy and satisfying at the same time. That persistent bass groove that kicks off the song has a limitless power to make people’s feet move. Not to mention the simple but brilliant call to action in the lead-up to the chorus “Girl look at that body…” It’s the perfect song for pasty-skinned wimps like us to strip to! Epic video – I just love these guys – here are my favourite bits!
Five funniest bits from the Sexy And I Know It Video
- The awkward moment when Redfoo whips his trousers off and thrusts at the camera. Boinnnng!
- Box-head guy keeps his box on, even at the beach.
- The “wiggle wiggle” part: Just the funniest thing I’ve ever seen in a music video. Ever.
- The dance-off at the bar: Sky Blu’s studded thong FTW and his ability to pull a baseball bat out of his ass!
- Sky Blu’s very clever way of getting people to follow him on Twitter: @skysnuts
P.S. Did anybody else notice Dancing Jesus hiding in the background at the start of the video?