Five Reasons to Love American Idol's Lauren Alaina!
Lauren Alaina is our favorite Southern Bell. Her laugh is as infectious as her smile, and she’s the only one sassy enough to fire back at American Idol’s Steven Tyler. “Wildflower,” the singer’s debut album, hit shelves just over eight weeks ago and it’s gotten rave reviews from fans and critics. This week we can’t help but share five reasons why we love the 17-year-old starlet.
- Lauren Alaina’s always been a mama’s girl. Before she was famous, she worked for eight weeks to buy her mom a new couch for Christmas. “I was singing, and I would get tips – not a lot of tips, but I saved for like eight weeks and bought my mom a couch,” she told Taste of Country. “I would like announce it when she wasn’t there [at the shows]. I’d be like, ‘I’m trying to buy my mom a couch!’ And I bought her a couch. That’s probably the coolest thing I’ve ever bought someone.”
- Just months ago, American Idol winner Scotty McCreery was rumored to be her boy toy, but now it seems that Lauren Alaina has her eyes on a different hunk. The country crooner tweeted that she has the hots for British model/actor Eugene Simon. “What more could young girls want?” she asked her followers.
- Though she’s new on the scene, Lauren Alaina earned an opening slot on Jason Aldean’s winter “My Kinda Party” tour. Way to go, girl!
- Lauren Alaina and her mom revealed on CMA Christmas that Christmas is a special time at their house. In fact, they don’t leave an inch of the house undecorated. From living room to staircases, the Suttons ring in the holiday season and aren’t shy about it.
- She’s a family girl! Have you heard her single, “Like My Mother Does?” It will make you pick up the phone to call your mom just to say “hi.”
Watch “Like My Mother Does” below: