Cassadee Pope seeks solo career after Hey Monday fame on The Voice
Cassadee Pope was once the face of Hey Monday. This rock chick toured the world with her band, working closely with mentor Pete Wentz. The band broke up and she is all grown up, looking for a solo career. It’s redemption for Casadee as she tried to impress the coaches on The Voice with a unique arrangement of Natalie Imbruglia’s “Torn.”
From the start Casadee stood out because she took the time to make an original arrangement that truly showcased her voice. I’ve never been a big fan of Hey Monday, but I was truly impressed with how perfect Casadee’s voice sounds when not covered up with heavy punk rifts and screaming call and responses. Her tone is buttery smooth, with a wide range that goes much lower than most women we’ve seen so far on The Voice. All four judges turned around almost immediately and fought hard for her.
What the coaches said:
- Adam Levine: That was amazing.
- Christina Aguilera: That was very well executed.. You can kind of do it all.. You really held your own.
- Adam: I think when the fourth chair turned around you held your head in shock and disbelief because you reacted physically, but you didn’t falter. I’d be so honored to have you on my team. I really do believe I know exactly what to do.
- Cee Lo Green: You do come across as confident and cool on stage.
- Adam: I’m the only one in a band here.
- Christina: But now you’re solo and I know how to make a solo career happen.
- Adam: But I can do both.
- Blake Shelton: What I love about you is an artist is an artist, only if no one is like them. There is no one else like you, and I believe with 200 percent of my heart that you are a superstar.
After a stressful few moments, Casadee chose to join Team Blake. This may be the biggest shock of the night as I thought for sure she’d end up on Team Adam.