American Idol 2013: Kree Harrison Shows Simple, Natural Talent
I love Kree Harrison week after week on American Idol. Her voice has this natural country twang combined with vibrato that truly stands out. Tonight she chose to first perofrm “What the World Needs Now,” and though this was present something was missing.
Kree sounded and looked beautiful, but her performance was almost over simplified. I was bored and wanted a little more from her this week. However, the judges were infatuated.
- Mariah Carey: You know who you are and you sing as Kree. Your input was major in the arrangement It was perfect for your voice. It wasn’t a song that you had to match anyone else’s performance.. I look at you and see someone who’s not trying to produce an emotional response which is a rare quality.. Smart choice to start out a Capella. Not everyone can do that.
- Keith Urban: You have a real genuine compassion for people. That comes through as you sing. I feel like it’s a person I can trust who trusts me. Who loves me. It’s that aspect of your voice and soul that comes through.
- Nicki Minaj: Your voice is so sweet and humble, but at the same time it’s hella cocky.. If you’re not performing at the country music awards next year and the year after that my name ain’t Nicki Minaj. You’re not just ready, you’re already out of here.
- Randy Jackson: I agree with everything everybody said already. I love you came after the last performer. That’s singing. This is a singing show. America that’s what it’s about.
Kree came back with “Help We Make it Through the Night” and delivered a similar performance. This time however Kree seemed to connect more with the song since it was one of her favorites. It was better vocally and seems perfect for her voice.
- Nicki Minaj: That was really beautiful. You are at the head of the class. It’s important to note that the difference between you and Janelle is you can sing a song that I never heard of and make me fall in love with it.. I’m full engaged in the Kreedom show.
- Randy Jackson: Kudos to you Kree. You are what I call a natural, natural singer. I’m telling you something, you sell the story. You sing the song emotionally. It’s the perfect match. I love the ease in which you sang that.
- Mariah Carey: To hear you sing it, that’s how that song should be sung. Just simple and beautiful.
- Keith Urban: That was a buckle polisher there. It was a beautiful performance. I predict that you will become a member of the Grand Ole Opry in the future. You’re everything beautiful and pure about country music.
Needless to say Kree will be back next week and of course there is that save to use this week!