American Idol 2012: Watch out for Ethan Jones at St Louis auditions

Ethan Jones is set to make his TV debut on tonight’s American Idol episode.

The handsome singer showed up to try out for the hit Fox show when the team hit St Louis last year and our insiders have said that not only did he do exceptionally well at the initial stage, but he got far enough to be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement, so we’re thinking Hollywood at least!

Ethan had formerly been performing as part of country group the Well Hungarians, however insiders say he has taken time away from the band, since trying out for Idol. During his time with the group – who originate from the St. Louis/Southern Illinois area – Jones performed in concert with many music greats including Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, Gretchen Wilson, Keith Urban and Blake Shelton.

Ethan has recording experience as well as live performance, as the Well Hungarians previously released two albums and have had four nationally charting singles. They were also named New Music Weekly 2006 Band of the Year.

He has previously revealed that his biggest musical influences are artists such as James Taylor, Elton John, Billy Joel, John Denver, and Stevie Wonder

Watch a video of Ethan performing Superstitious below and tell us, do you think he’s good enough for the live shows? Could he be the next Clay Aiken? Leave your comments below and catch up with Ethan on Twitter here.

by Lisa on February 2nd, 2012

Tags: ,

Don't miss a story: Follow Unreality TV

8 thoughts on “American Idol 2012: Watch out for Ethan Jones at St Louis auditions

1. Debbie Earl says:

This was the first time I heard you Ethan, & I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your voice. When I just kept hitting repeat to hear your voice again, I knew I was listening to a star. Keep up the good work Ethan!

2. Nicole says:

Ethan is an AMAZING artist! His talent is unique and unbelievable. Not to mention, he is a very humble, gentle young man. I know he will do great on Idol and represent St. Louis well! Please note – he is still with the Well Hungarians and they are a GREAT band!!! :)

3. Kim says:

Keep up the great work. Keep positive and remember not to follow in your father’s footsteps with the drugs and alcohol. You are smart, talented and handsome. You will go far and we are so proud of you in St. Louis! God Bless yOU. And so happy that you father is doing great and so thankful for that as well.

4. mike says:

not to take away from your greatness, but what band was your dad in ?

5. June says:

Ethan is amazing as is the Well Hungarians. I look forward to you getting a recording contract so I can buy your albums! Stay humble and be true to yourself. I wil be praying for your sucess and your dads recovery!

6. Kathryn Huff says:

Ethan we are all so proud of you…amazing talent & star!
    Granite City band parents are so proud of you!!
    (from Geoffrey Huff’s mom)

7. June says:

Ethan, you are great and apparently the judges don’t know as much about talent as they think they do!!!

8. J Wilhold says:

Thats my cousin…im so proud

Comments are closed.