5 Reasons to LOVE American Idol Kris Allen
One of the most shocking triumphs in American Idol history was Kris Allen winning season eight. Everyone thought Adam Lambert would take the title, but the quiet Allen dominated the votes. Though he’s not in the spotlight as much as other Idol winners, he’s still recording music and giving back.
Here’s five reasons why we LOVE Kris Allen:
1. Unlike most American Idol winners, Allen is more of an independent rock artist than popstar. He’s currently working on his second album, telling MTV news that fans can even expect a vinyl version when released. The only other Idol to release a vinyl? Veteran rocker David Cook of course!
2. One of the best days of his life was singing the national anthem at the Green Bay Packers vs. Detroit Lions game on Christmas day. Why was it great? Allen is a Green Bay Packer fan! Now, not to sound bias as a Packers fan, but that alone makes him the coolest Idol yet.
3. He makes us laugh.. And then think. P.S. Follow him here on Twitter.
4. Charity is close to his heart, and he’s always working to keep music programs in schools. Allen is even an ambassador of Music Empowers.
5. When he’s not singing or doing charity work, he’s cooking! Check out this photo Allen shared with fans. Hunger pains kicking in yet?
Kris Allen on WhoSay
Why do you love Kris Allen?